Thursday, July 12, 2012

Barber Family Reunion


Welcome to the Barber Family Reunion.
(Beware lots of pictures because it was a week full of fun and many adventures.)


We have started a new thing on Todd's side of the family that is every two years there is going to be a week long reunion somewhere in the US. I remember having reunions growing up at Lake Powell with my moms side and camping with my dads side and they were always fun and full of memories! So, I was very excited when Todd's family decided to do this.

This years reunion was held at Wolfe Creek Resort in Eden. It could not have been a more beautiful location the week was full of activities, ice cream cones, and LATE night games.


We started our week with Fathers Day, but as I am writing this I realize that I have no pictures of it.(sad) However, it was a nice day to honor the Fathers in our lives and all that they do for us.

Monday, we all went to Cherry Hill for the day where we had fun swimming and going down water slides. In fact we had so much fun that no one thought to reapply the sunscreen and that night when we gathered for family prayer EVERYONE looked like nice red lobsters. (Great way to start a week where swimming would be involved everyday.)


 Tuesday, we relaxed and let our sunburns heal, while making friendship bracelets thanks to Aunt Carol.

Wednesday we decided to take everyone on a nature hike by the Lake. So we could weed out the weak hikers for the real hike the next day. (We are so funny)

Thursday, the "real" hike I don't remember the name but when we got to the top it was beautiful we could see both the Salt Lake Valley and the Eden Valley. Did I mention it was beautiful.


This was our families first "Real" Hike it couldn't have been better lots of switch backs (so it was easy for the kids) and a great view the entire time. Plus  I think it took a total of two hours up and back (my kinda hike).


One funny event on the hike was this crazy man in the above picture(Todd) wanted to scare these crazy kids in the picture below. So he took off with Chad and I ahead, while the other adults took them straight down the hill singing "We're going on a bear Hunt." We then hid in the bushes along the path they would be coming down. When the children walked past us Todd jumped out and scared them. It was so funny Camryn practically jumped on Uncle Matt's back and the other kids I'm pretty sure just about wet their pants. (hee hee hee)


Friday, We rode the train from Ogden to Salt Lake. First time riding a train for me and my little family.(it was very exciting)

Temple Square, was a little stressful trying to keep track of all the children, but in all a good experience for adults and children.

That was our week, However on top of all that fun the resort had this amazing pool that we swam in every chance we had.





Having fun with the (free) underwater camera. Totally worth waiting in line for 3 hours at Old Navy after Thanksgiving.


Todd was totally exhausted after our vacation that he literally slept for just about 24 hours after.
I have never seen him sleep more in our 9 years of marriage. (and he is going to hate me for telling that)

No comments:

Post a Comment