Tuesday, August 21, 2012

9 years



It's been 9 years since I married my missionary and time has gone by so fast!! We have had 4 children,(crazy!!) graduated from college, worked for two different companies, have been laid off twice and are now going back to school to change careers. That saying "You never know what life will bring" is so true!!! I am excited, and a little scared at what the next nine years will bring. (hopefully not 4 more children. hahahha)

To celebrate our 9th  anniversary. We went with some friends up to Seattle. FYI Todd and I lived there for about 5 months while he did an internship for school and I HATED it. My feelings have now changed and I think it is one of the most beautiful places, and I have enjoyed going back to visit.



Now about our weekend..... The first night we were in Olympia. I finally got to see the the Cabelas my husband helped manage the building of. When we lived there I was very sick and pregnant and left before it was finished so I never got to see it done.




 I remember Tood telling me about all the African animals he helped bring into the store one day. So it was fun to see them. (I loved the elephant.)


 That night we went down to the capital building and ate at Anthony's  and for me I tried a lot of new seafood (yummy) We were all so full and all agreed that the berry lemonade was the best lemonade we have ever had, seriously the best.



The next morning we went to Gig Harbor and explored the beach while the tide was out. This was the HIGHLIGHT of my weekend. I saw a starfish, but now just one


Tons they were everywhere!! I have wanted to see a starfish for years, living in Washington I never saw one. I went back to visit still didn't see one. Vacationed in Hawaii for a week NO starfish, when I went to Florida I was sure I would see a starfish, but.... no. It has been a long time and a lot of beaches And I finally saw one it was the best day!! Next time I am hoping for a whale.



Later that day we went to a Seattle Mariners game they were playing the Kansas City.... somethings the team that is connected to the Idaho Falls Chuckers.


I'm not really a baseball fan, and after such an "exciting" game.... still... not a fan. But they had these garlic fries, oh yeah,  they were good. And I swear Todd and I are still sweating garlic a month later. We also got to see a girl get proposed to right in front of us. That was fun. The best part of that was afterward when she walked up the stairs in a VERY short skirt my friend Jeanne and I wanted to tell her she forgot to put on her panties.


After the game we toured downtown Seattle. This was something Todd never got to do because when we lived there he worked 7 days a week 10 hour days. So I did a lot of the sight seeing without him.


At Pikes market we once again found and tried more yummy seafood and cheesecake. Oh and I almost forgot Sushi I tried sushi for the first time. (not bad)  We had SUCH a good time with each other and with our friends. I love Washington.

Will I ever live there again hopefully not, would I like to go back regularly for vacation? YES. Don't ask why.

No comments:

Post a Comment